Thursday, May 19, 2011

A good cause, with Love in the foreground

It's been awhile since I've blogged. By now I wanted this blog to have a flowing abundance of positive messages for people to read and to inspire. Unfortunately, my family went through a difficulty period in our life and still trying to learn to heal.

On March 12, 2011 my step-father, Wendell James Sawyer Jr. Lost his battle to brain cancer. He was only diagnosed a year ago. The months leading up to his passing were very challenge for my family. If anyone has had someone very close to them deal or dealing with cancer then you know what I am talking about.

My step-father even though he was apart of our lives for a short period of time was very proud of me. He was always pushing me to do great things, and to believe in myself, to do away with all the doubting.

I told him once about this one project I wanted to create when he was first diagnosed. I called it Stitches of Love. What this project and hopefully later organization would do is knit scraves, blankets or other things and donate it to cancer patients. He liked the idea a lot and kept pushing me to do it. I started working on it, but later put it to the side.

This past week I've been dreaming about this project and want to start it back up. This time I would sell the scraves, blankets and etc and donate the proceeds to Brain cancer or to a family who is in turmoil and has to deal with medication and hospital bills.

I know with God on my side and meeting wonderful people this can be a glorious thing. I want to give to people. I want to inspire and send love and positivity to people along with help.

Cancer does not just hurt those who are going through it, but the family too. Esp. if that person was taken away. For its been two months and reality is finally starting to hit and it stings so bad.

So in honor of him I want to do this. I would of course need help. I want to try to contact craft stores and people to see if they would donate material or items they have created and sell them and give the proceeds to people who need it. I don't know how I am going to do this, but I am praying on it and thinking positive. And opening the door for people to help or send information.

Please tell people about this and if you want to help out that would be wonderful. I want to get this rolling before this winter.

L.

I placed on here a video I created for my step father's funeral. He was only 40 years old. He was a creative person who loved to produce music.


The song is titled, 'Giving Thanks', this is one of the many things he wrote and produced.



No comments:

Post a Comment